250% speed With Mozilla Firefox 3.5 RC1
Mozilla Firefox – faster, more secure, easier to use and sporting a new look, this latest Firefox release sets a new standard for web browser innovation. Mozilla Firefox project (formerly Firebird, which was formerly Phoenix) is a redesign of Mozilla’s browser component, written using the XUL user interface language and designed to be cross-platform. It is small, fast and easy to use, and offers many advantages over other web browsers, such as the tabbed browsing and the ability to block pop-up windows.
Mozilla Firefox 3 is focused on improved memory handling, performance, and stability, improved XUL, and new core components such as application data stored in SQLite. Firefox 3 is based on the Gecko 1.9 Web rendering platform, which has been under development for the past 34 months. This new platform includes more than 15,000 changes to improve performance, stability, rendering correctness, and code simplification and sustainability. Firefox 3 is been built on top of this new platform resulting in a more secure, easier to use, more personal product with a lot more under the hood to offer website and Firefox add-on developers.
The most important features in Firefox 3.5 RC1:
– improved tools for controlling your private data, including a Private Browsing Mode
– the ability to provide Location Aware Browsing using web standards for geolocation.
– support for native JSON, and web worker threads.
– improvements to the Gecko layout engine, including speculative parsing for faster content rendering.
– it is available in more than 70 languages