How to Negotiate with Your Movers
The moving industry is booming as many people and companies are moving their houses and offices. A long-distance move is not only stressful but extremely expensive too. Finding a relocation company within your budget is a challenge. Due to lack of knowledge and information, many people get into the trap of fraud companies as moving long-distance is not an everyday task, they do not have any experience in dealing with moving companies.
Here we will discuss the tips to negotiate with your long-distance well but before that let us learn about the process of moving and the expected role of moving companies.
The main responsibility of a top long distance moving movers is to help you in moving your stuff from one place to another. But most moving companies offer additional services too that may include packing and unpacking of goods, temporary storage facilities, installation of appliances, disassembling of furniture, and vehicle transportation. A moving company charges extra for every additional service.
Following are some essential roles of a moving company that also explains their working process:
- A good moving company will send a representative for the site visit to offer a moving price quote. They will give you a written copy of their moving price estimate.
- On a moving day, a team of professionals come and pack your belongings if you have hired them for packing too.
- They use superior quality packing material to pack your goods safely and label the packed boxes to easily locate them after the move. And, also create an itemized list of goods.
- They are responsible to load, transport, and unload your goods at your new place. They also help you in unpacking your goods and organizing all the heavy items at their respective places.
- They also complete all moving-related documentation and even assist you in the claim process in case of any damage to goods during transit.
How to Negotiate with Your Movers
The cost of your move depends on various factors, such as the weight and size of your belongings and the distance of the move. If you choose to add extra services, the moving cost will increase accordingly. The estimate provided by The Movers Moving & Storage is not the final amount, and there’s always room for negotiation to decrease the cost. Utilizing your negotiation skills can make a significant difference in securing an affordable and cost-effective moving deal.
If you are not aware of the ways to tackle with movers in terms of pricing, don’t panic and follow the tips given below to bargain a low-cost deal with the movers.
- We often want to choose the best but selecting the best moving company may cost you extra for no reason as most well-known moving companies provide big budget moving quotes.
- Not hiring the top industry companies doesn’t mean that you will have to make any compromise. All that you have to do is to search for some good moving companies online and ask for quotes from them.
- Make sure you do plenty of research about your chosen companies before hiring them. Learn about their working license, insurance, and do not forget their physical office address. Check online reviews and ratings to know the company’s market image.
- Compare the quotation provided by different companies based on their services and prices and use these quotations as negotiating leverage. Most moving companies will lower their prices to win the deal. You too can ask your favorite company to lower their price and crack the deal of your choice.
- Contact your favorite company and meet them personally and tell them the lowest quoted price to you and ask them to lower their price by showing interest in their services. Generally, they agree on lowering their price to a certain extent, if not, you can consider hiring some other company with similar services.
- Negotiation is a no-loss conversation and is beneficial in most cases. So, do not hesitate and negotiate with your moving agent and try to reach an agreement that is beneficial for both.
- You can crack the best negotiation deal if you keep yourself open to certain move-related changes, for example being flexible about the moving day and time can get you the best deal.
- If you want to stick with your chosen moving company and they are not ready to lower their price, do not cancel the deal immediately and ask them to hold the deal for some time. In the meantime, try to contact some more moving companies and see if any of them is ready to provide your required services within your budget.
- Many moving companies charge extra for additional services like carrying your goods through a staircase where there is no lift and even for passing heavy items through narrow hallways. Make sure you talk to your moving company about it and settle the price before the moving day. Some moving companies also charge extra for disassembling your furniture and also if the entryway of your house is far from the truck. Make sure you discuss all these services well in advance to save yourself from these hidden charges in the end.
Use these easy and effective tips and ensure full success in your endeavour. When you have the best movers by your side, you can rest assured that the outcome of the process will be in your favour.