The difference between good SEO and bad SEO
Nowadays more and more people are using the internet to develop their business. Using the internet you can create and gradually evolve your website to let the people know about your business. However, in order to run a successful and profitable business, you need to increase traffic to your website.
In order to do this you need to take help of search engine optimization or SEO. SEO is the technical side of marketing on the World Wide Web.
What is search engine optimization?
Search engine optimization or SEO is a tool which you can use to make your website rank higher in the search engine. Some of the popular most search engines are Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc. It helps you in promoting your website and increases traffic to your site. Sometimes SEO or search engine optimization is also called SEO copyrighting. It is called so because the strategies or techniques used for promotion of websites are mainly done through texting. However, to be successful in the long run, it is important for you not to deviate from the basic norms that can get you good website ranking.
Characteristics of good SEO:
The characteristics of good or white hat SEO are:
* It adheres to the practices of the industry and to the rules of SEO.
* It aims at securing top rankings by employing the best SEO strategies.
* Although the whole process is complex, the progress can be slow too. Sometimes it can take about 6 to 12 months to get steady rankings in the search engines.
* Good SEO is that which focuses mainly on long-term goals and objectives.
* Good search engine optimization lays stress on research and keywords so as to create relevant and unique content.
Characteristics of bad SEO:
The characteristics of bad or black hat SEO are:
* Bad SEO violates the guidelines of SEO and makes use of hidden text, link spamming, link farming, etc.
* Keyword stuffing, RSS overdoing, usage of duplicate content, etc are also characteristics of bad SEO.
* Another characteristic of bad SEO is that it misleads visitors on the Web.
* Bad SEO provides shortcuts to get god rankings in the search engines. But you should remember that you may enjoy this ranking only for a short term.
It is very important for you to know that websites who use bad SEO tactics to gain ranking in the search engines can be penalized, thereby causing irreparable damage to the image of that website.
You have define well about SEO… in my view differences between bad and good seo is SPAMMING…
A good article on seo which quite lucidly differentiates between good seo and bad seo
Very nice article about SEO hats.. thanks much.
Good post. It’s important to know good SEO vs. bad SEO. Reason being, there are plenty of SEO companies out there that don’t know the difference and will waste your time and money.
help full please suggest me the best SEO practices for my website ” http://www.stuffLobby.com/ ” in detail, i will be very thankful to you