Influencer marketing is an important tactic today when it comes to getting your product or service seen by a larger audience. When done right, collaborating with social media influencers can quickly increase the awareness of your brand and bring on an influx of business. To get the most out of influencer marketing, read on to find out what it is and how it’s transforming the sales approach for businesses of all types.
What Is Influencer Marketing?
Influencer marketing is a type of marketing that focuses on collaborating with an influential person who already has an established platform and audience in the niche you wish to reach. Sometimes referred to as social media influencers, these individuals share your product or service with an audience who trusts their opinion. Nearly any type of business can benefit from using influencer marketing as part of their marketing strategy.
How Is Influencer Marketing Used by Businesses?
Image via Flickr by Blogtrepeneur
Influencer marketing can be used by a business in a number of ways. These include:
- To build trust: Influencers have taken the time to build a community that trusts them and their opinions. When an influencer introduces a product or service, their audience is much more likely to be open to trying it. By collaborating with influencers, you can increase the trust surrounding your brand.
- To increase exposure: Influencers already have the audience that many businesses are trying to build. Using influencer marketing can get your products or services in front of your target audience faster than many other marketing tactics. For example, if you work with an influencer who has over 1 million followers, that translates into 1 million potential customers.
- To reach a targeted audience: Many influencers have established an audience within a very specific niche. Working with influencers who are in your desired niche can ensure you directly target your ideal audience. For example, the clothing store H&M partnered with model Ela Velden in 2017 to promote their fall line, bringing even more online attention to their brand.
The Impact of Influencer Marketing on Sales and Marketing Campaigns
Influencer marketing has changed the way that companies draw attention to their products and services. Here are a few key reasons why:
- More consumers rely on social media for shopping. Consumers often turn to social media more than anywhere else for information and shopping. This means that when someone sees their favorite influencer market a product they feel they need, they are much more likely to purchase that product.
- Influencers help companies reach a highly targeted audience. Influencers have already established their niche, meaning that the audience an influencer shares your product or service with is highly targeted.
- Businesses experience a higher return on investment. According to Social Media Today, 94% of marketers who utilize influencer marketing experience up to 11 times the ROI than other forms of advertising.
Using influencer marketing is one of the smartest marketing strategies you can use today. Consider collaborating with influencers to boost business and increase sales.