I constantly find myself Google-ing questions and hoping to find the answer from a real person. Occasionally conversations come up and give me the answer I’m looking for in one quick sentence. Although this used to be rare, a new social networking site known as Quora is helping individuals find the answers to all of their questions. No matter what subject, basic or complicated, Quora has all the answers from real people. Not journalists trying to be creative, not bloggers dancing around the issue, but people who are there just to answer a question. For those who are unfamiliar, Quora has many different features that make it so appealing:
• Users can vote on the answers they find more relevant. This therefore allows the best answers to always remain at the top.
• If someone answers a question, it will be linked to their profile. On their profile you can see the person’s credentials and experiences; thus giving that person and that answer credibility (or vice versa).
• If you have a question, all you have to do is type it into the search box. Related questions will come up, which helps to prevent too many questions regarding the same topic. On that same note, anyone can make revisions to a question (and this can also be traced back to someone’s profile page). This keeps all related questions together so that one question doesn’t get all the answers.
Not only is Quora a great place to find the answers to your questions, but it’s a great place for a company to network. Quora works in a similar fashion to a networking site, but it allows company owners and employees to show off what they know about their field to millions of people. Consider a few of the ways your company can use Quora to better the company:
5 Ways Quora Can Work for Your Businesses
1. Answers – Answering questions can really help give credibility to a brand. If you have a quality company then chances are you can help consumers interested in your field. Quora is a great place to show your expertise and get your name out there in a positive light.
2. Questions – Many companies are afraid to show others that they have questions, but the truth is Quora is a place for professionals. Many businesses ask business questions on Quora; therefore connecting with other businesses. Your company should do the same by engaging in the website. After all, you will learn something–since when was that a bad thing?
3. Following – You can follow topics and questions. This is a great way to once again let people know what your company is interested in and where your employees are knowledgeable. If people are following similar topics, chances are these are people you want to know. This will also help you stay up to date on everything going on in your industry.
4. Listen – People are always answering questions on Quora, so it is important you listen. Although this is not using the physical website to help build your brand, you can learn some valuable tips about the world of marketing. Be sure to pay attention to what other professionals are saying, and take their advice if you feel it’s fit for your business model.
5. Profile – Finally, it is important to create a professional profile. People will certainly be checking out your profile to see if the answer you gave had some meaning behind it, and this is a great opportunity to get your name out there in a positive light. Make sure that your profile is completely filled out and has contact information for anyone looking to get ahold of your company for more information.
Quora is free to sign up for just like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. All you have to do is enter an email address and you’re ready to get started. However, Quora is not completely open to the public in other countries. Although it is expected to be open to other countries soon, many still need an invitation to join the site. If you find that you need an invitation, feel free to leave a comment here and I will gladly invite you!