Responsive Themes Marketplace – Gridgum
This is 21st century and just like everything else, website creation has evolved. Today if you are planning to start a website you should use a responsive design for it.
A responsive design means that your website will automatically re-adjust itself to the resolutions of the screen and the device from which it is being viewed. So you don’t need to worry about what device a person is using to visit your site. It can be a smartphone, a laptop, a tablet, or God knows what. If your website is responsive, it will perform well on all these devices.
We recommend you try Gridgum to buy and sell the responsive themes.
Gridgum is a brand new marketplace whose job is to connect buyers and sellers of responsive web design. The website is going to be officially launched on 1st May, 2014 but it’s live now so you can go and have a look.
They are presently running a giveaway contest worth $2,000 for theme developers.
If you are a developer and have created a responsive web template to sell, you can register on Gridgum and upload the template. Theme developers even have the option of adding an installation service and earning further commission for their theme. Once a theme has been submitted and if approved you will automatically qualify to enter the giveaway contest provided you submit by the 30th April 2014. The total amount of $2,000 will be distributed amongst winners as follows:
- $500 for the best Responsive Exclusive Admin or Dashboard Theme
- $500 for the best Responsive Exclusive WordPress theme
- $250 for the best 2 Responsive Themes (Exclusive or Non-exclusive themes)
- $50 for the first 10 approved themes (Exclusive or Non-exclusive themes)
There are two options which a developer can choose from to sell his templates. The exclusive and the non-exclusive.
The exclusive option means you can only sell your template on Gridgum and nowhere else. You will get a commission of 70% if you choose this option. Please note Gridgum will also be launching an affiliate scheme and you will be able to earn up to 85% for your themes!
The non-exclusive is just the opposite of exclusive. With this option you can sell your theme on Gridgum as well as any other online portals such as other marketplaces, your blog, your website, etc. In this case you will get a commission of 45%.
Note that these commissions are fixed commissions, which is unlike most other sites.
Some of the theme submission requirements are:
- All themes must be responsive.
- Design must be tested in several browsers to ensure compatibility.
- Documentation, design and theme description must not contain spelling or grammatical mistakes.
- Themes must display very high aesthetic and visual appeal.
- HTML must be valid HTML5 as determined by the W3C Markup Validation Service. However, browser prefixes and any other cutting edge code will be exempt.
The site is worth checking out. Go and take a look at the site and then let me know what you think about it in the comments below.