Impact of Social Media in Today’s World
Over the past 20 years, information and communication technology has changed rapidly with a key development being the onset of social media. The rate of change is escalating. We can definitely say that the development of mobile technology has played a vital role in shaping up social media.
Why people share information?
Well, some people share information to make the public aware and some share it for entertaining others. The various factors why people share the information with social media are:
- To support a cause
- To pass valuable information
- To participate in the things happening in the world.
Social media is being used in many ways that shape politics, business, world culture, education, careers, innovation, and more. Let’s discuss the impacts of social media on various social groups and individuals.
- Politics: Social Media plays an important role in the field of politics. If any political decision affects the common public, then social media raises the point and make the public and ministers aware about the miss.
- Impact on Society: Every issue is being discussed nowadays via social media which is a huge gain for the common man. Without social media, social, ethical, environmental and political ills would have minimal visibility. Increased visibility of issues has shifted the balance of power from the hands of a few to the masses.
- Impact of Social Media on Commerce: Businesses have realized they can use social media to generate insights, stimulate demand and create targeted product offerings.
- The effect of Social Media in the field of work: Social media has had a profound effect on recruitment and hiring.They allow people to create and market a personal brand.
- The impact of social media on Training and Development: Job candidates who develop skills 0n the latest and most advanced social media techniques are far more employable.
Moral Challenges faced by Social Media:
- Cyber bullying: Now a day’s teenagers want to be updated in all prospects. They want to post each and everything on the social networking sites like Face book, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Sometimes posting each and everything online can be harmful as well and teenagers can become suspects of cyberbullying by that.
- Lack of Privacy: Stalking, personal attacks, misuse of pictures are a few issues arising because of social media platforms. Most of the time, users share such information that should not be made public which in turn create a problem for the users themselves.
Social Media endorses various good things as well. Like making the users aware about the benefits of online shopping. Everyone wants to opt for hassle free shopping methods and few online sites such as URBAN LADDER has fulfilled this dream of people looking out for trending furniture for their homes. One positive impact of social media is in the distribution of information in today’s world. Platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and others have made it possible to access information at the click of a button. It means that the longer the information is in circulation, the more discussion it generates and the greater the impact of social media.